Samsung announced back when Ice Cream Sandwich Android (ICS) 4.0 was released by Google that the Galaxy S2 and the Galaxy Note would be the first devices to get. Well, the Galaxy S2 has already been updated to ICS and now it’s the Note’s turn. There have been a few ICS firmware leaks for the Note, but as Samsung is now turning its full attention to it, we can expect to see the frequency of ICS leaks for the Note to increase quite substantially, as it always is with Samsung devices.
ZCLP6 is the latest Ice Cream Sandwich firmware leaked for the Galaxy Note. And XDA modder xaoc747 has very kindly repackaged the firmware so that it can be flashed from recovery on your Note, along with making a few changes and fixing some bugs.
Read on to find out how you can update your Galaxy Note to Ice Cream Sandwich with the ZCLP6 firmware.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with Galaxy Note, model number N7000. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- Important! You must be running ICS firmware i9220LP1 on your Galaxy Note and have Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) installed.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install ZCLP6 Repack on Galaxy Note
- Make sure you have installed the i9220LP1 ICS firmware on your phone (linked above in step 1 of the pre-installation requirements).
- Download the ZCLP6 firmware file.
Download Link | Filename: AlBa_ZCLP6_ICS_Full_Repack_v2.zip
- Transfer the file downloaded in step 1 to your internal sdcard (NOT the external micro SD).
- Turn off your phone, then boot into Clockworkmod recovery (CWM).
- Perform a wipe:
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select wipe cache then select Yes on next screen to confirm.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the AlBa_ZCLP6_ICS_Full_Repack_v2.zip file on the sdcard and select it.
- Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install AlBa_ZCLP6_ICS_Full_Repack_v2.zip on the next screen. The firmware will now start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- If the phone gets stuck at the first boot for more than 10 minutes, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to reboot the phone.
You’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Note to Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 with the ZCLP6 firmware. Do let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.