- 1.CUSTOM ROM INFO
- 2. Known Issues/Bugs
- 3. WARNING!
- 4. ACER ICONIA CM11 ROM INSTALLATION
- 4.1. STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
- 4.2. STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE:
- 4.3. STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
- 4.4. STEP 3: UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
- 4.5. STEP 4: INSTALL THE LATEST CWM RECOVERY
- 4.6. STEP 5: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
CUSTOM ROM INFO
|Name||CyanogenMod 11 ROM|
|Android Version||Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Launched on Dec 9 by Google)|
|Is this official?||No.
|Stability||Still in beta builds.Can be used as a daily driver.|
|Credits||CM Team, Shreps|
[As of January 2, 2014]
- No known issues yet.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
ACER ICONIA CM11 ROM INSTALLATION
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm the device name is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be A510!
DO NOT use the procedures discussed here on any other ACER ICONIA variants (like A500, etc.) or any other device of HTC or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE:
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows in order to go to unlock bootloader and get your device recognized by windows.
STEP 3: UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
Skip this step if your device is already bootloader unlocked.
Use must first unlock the bootloader on your Acer Iconia before proceeding with the guide below. Please do that first!
STEP 4: INSTALL THE LATEST CWM RECOVERY
Skip this step if you you already have latest version of CWM recovery installed on your device.
Yes, the above guide/recovery is of A500 model but the process of installing the CWM is same. Instead of the recovery.img in the guide replace it with recovery.img from the given link below
► LATEST CWM RECOVERY | File name: AcerIconia_A510_cwm188.8.131.52_theandroidsoul.zip (5 MB approx.)
Extract the file, AcerIconia_A510_cwm184.108.40.206_theandroidsoul.zip, to get the recovery.img file, to be used in guide linked above for A500 model.
Make sure that you’ve latest version of the recovery of your choice installed on your device.
STEP 5: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your phone and remember the location.
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: cm-11-20131230-UNOFFICIAL-a510 (183 MB)
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: gapps-kk-20131119.zip
For latest version of the ROM, check the original page →
Be sure to transfer the ROM, Gapps and patch files you downloaded above to your phone and remember the location of the files. You will need to flash them now on your device using CWM.
GUIDE FOR CWM RECOVERY
Example video: If you haven’t used CWM recovery before to install a .zip file of a ROM or anything else, then we suggest you first watch a video of that to get familiar with the process. Click here to watch the video
- Boot into recovery mode. The easiest way to boot into recovery mode if you are rooted would be using the QuickBoot app. the manual way to do so is:
- Power Off your device, and wait for 3.5 seconds then after screen goes off.
- Now press and hold Volume Down + Power button together until a text appears at the top left hand corner. Now release the keys and your device will boot into recovery mode.
- Create a Nandroid Backup from recovery. It’s optional but very important to do, so that in case something goes wrong you can restore to current status easily. For making a Nandroid Backup, go to Backup And Restore » Backup.
- Perform a Factory Reset (This will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). For this:
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset, then select Yes on the next screen to confirm factory reset (screenshot)
- First Install the ROM file:
- Reboot your device. For this, go back to the main menu of recovery and select reboot system now.
That’s all. Your phone will now reboot and it will take some time as it’ll be phone’s first boot after installing Android 4.4.2, be extremely excited for this!
Note: In case your device gets bootloop (stuck at logo while rebooting), just do a factory reset (step 3) and you will be fine.
It was easy to install CM11 ROM, based on Android 4.4 KitKat, right? Let us know how it is to your liking in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!