Motorola had pushed the Stagefright for Brazilian Moto X earlier, but now the said fix is available for all Moto X devices. The fix is pretty simple, as you just have to overwrite the relevant files with that from Brazilian firmware, but you have to credit mastarifla for bringing this to the fore.
You need root access on your device for this, though, as the procedure involves writing on system partition. Right now, there is TWRP recovery flashable zip available either, so there is no one-time flash trick available either.
Anyway, if you have a Moto X and that is rooted, just download the patched files from below, and the follow the guide below to fix Stagefright bug on your Moto X.
- Download the file from above, and extract it on your PC. You will get 6 files form it.
- Now, transfer the 6 files to your device, on internal storage. We need to replace original 6 such files system/lib directory with the ones we downloaded.
- Use a root file explorer like ES File manager, and make a backup of original 6 files from lib folder under system partition.
- Now, copy the new 6 files with Stagefright fix that your downloaded, and paste them in lib folder of system partition.
- Set the permission of those 6 files to rw- r– r– (that is 644). For this, select the 6 files using checkbox in ES File manager app, and then use Properties option in the menu, then Permissions, and select as rw- r– r–.
- When done, reboot the phone.
- Use the Stagefright Detector app to confirm whether your device is Stagefright bug free or not.
Don’t forget to say a thank you to its developer mentioned above.