Unlock Galaxy Nexus Bootloader [How-To]
I’ve always wished if at-least Google devices could come with unlocked bootloader, you know it kind of feels.. Wow! But that doesn’t seem to be happening ─ Nexus S had locked bootloader and now the Galaxy Nexus too have locked bootloader.
Anyway it doesn’t kill the fun at all, these nexus devices comes so smart that you just have to type a single line of command to unlock the bootloader, and that’s ─ fastboot oem unlock.
How To Unlock Galaxy Nexus Bootloader
Below’s a step by step guide for folks who’re not much familiar with fastboot and stuff like that. Here you go:
- Download the following two files
- Now put your phone in fastboot mode:
- Switch off your phone
- Hold the Volume Up Key + Volume Down Key and then press the Power button.
- You’ll now see a Android robot. And text below it would read “FASTBOOT MODE” in red.
- Extract the Fastboot.zip file on your PC
- Now open the Fastboot folder ─ hold Shift key and Right click at any empty space inside the folder, and select “Open command window here“
- Now connect your phone to your PC using USB cable, and then type fastboot devices in the command prompt to make sure your device is recognized.
- And now to unlock the bootloader, type this in the command prompt:
fastboot oem unlock
- Accept the request on your phone by selecting Yes using the Volume button and then press the Power button to confirm (see image above)