- 1.STOCK FIRMWARE INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: SPRINT GALAXY S5 OFFICIAL KITKAT 4.4 FIRMWARE
Samsung Galaxy S5 is the current flagship device of the Samsung Company, the device offers premium features like fingerprint scanner, water proof build and many more and the cost of the device is also high. However android enthusiasts would always like their device to perform at a maximum efficiency, so they perform various exploits and test various builds on their device which might sometimes go wrong and end up with a bricked device.
If you want to either unbrick your device or restore it to G900PVPU1AND2 update, there is Odin One-Click method available around that will restore your device with just one click. Thanks to rwilco12 of XDA community for making this Odin One click file that contains the Stock ND2 Bootloader, Kernel, Modem and ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5(SM-G900P).
This Rom comes with the full Knox Bootloader. The update will not trigger the Yellow Triangle nor will it increment the Odin flash count. This one-click resets your whole phone to the stock ND2 experience that is released by the Samsung. Similar to a factory restore and it may wipe all data.
Follow the below guide to restore your Galaxy S5 to G900PVPU1AND2 build with just one click.
STOCK FIRMWARE INFO
Android 4.4.2, KitKat
Is this Official?
Yes! This is the official update by Samsung.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: SPRINT GALAXY S5 OFFICIAL KITKAT 4.4 FIRMWARE
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SM-G900P!
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other Galaxy S5 (including the Galaxy S5 variants at T-Mobile, US-Cellular, AT&T, Verizon and other International variants) or any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash stock firmware on your Sprint Galaxy S5.
In case you’re not sure, follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing driver for your Galaxy S5 on your computer.
STEP 3: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the Odin zip file and firmware file given below. Transfer both Odin and firmware file to a separate folder on your computer just to keep things tidy.
ODIN ONE CLICK FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: SM-G900P_ND2_Full_Restore_UNROOTED (Compressed Archive).exe (1.32 GB)
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing stock firmware, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Extract/Unzip the Firmware zip file, SM-G900P_ND2_Full_Restore_UNROOTED (Compressed Archive).exe on your computer. (This is a self extracting executable package, so a simple double-click will extract the contents to specified location)
- Disconnect the Galaxy S5 from PC if it is connected.
- Navigate to the location where the SM-G900P_ND2_Full_Restore_UNROOTED.exe was saved upon extract from the 7Zip archive. Double-click on SM-G900P_ND2_Full_Restore_UNROOTED.exe. (On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and select Run as Administrator.)
- Boot your Sprint Galaxy S5 into Download Mode: (See the general Samsung devices download mode picture below)
- Power off your phone first and wait for 6-7 seconds after display is off.
- Press and hold these 3 buttons together until you see Warning! screen: Volume Down + Power + Home.
- Press Volume Up now to continue to Download Mode.
- Connect your GalaxyS5 to PC. Odin should show a yellow COM port in the second column. If you do not see a yellow COM port, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you have installed driver for Galaxy S5 as said above in ‘Before you begin..’ section.
- If you have already installed driver, then uninstall them and re-install back.
- Run Odin One-Click as Administrator.
- Connect using a different USB port on your PC.
- Try a different USB cable. The original cable that came with your phone should work best, if not, try any other cable that’s new and of good quality.
- Reboot phone and PC and then try again.
- Press start button once the Yellow com port appears in the second column of odin one-click installer.
- Once the flashing process is completed, the status should change to green PASS! At this point your phone should automatically reboot.
If you see FAIL message instead of the PASS in Odin’s top left box, that’s a problem. Try this now: disconnect your Sprint Galaxy S5 from PC, close Odin, remove phone’s battery and put it back inside in 3-4 seconds, open Odin and then repeat from Step 2 of this guide again.
Also, If device is Stuck at setup connection or on any other process, then too, try this: disconnect your Sprint Galaxy S5 from PC, close Odin, remove phone’s battery and put it back inside in 3-4 seconds, open Odin and then repeat from Step 2 of this guide again.
It was easy to flash stock KitKat Android 4.4 firmware on your Sprint Galaxy S5, right? Let us know in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!