Samsung has finally released the official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update – firmware version UELPL – officially for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi variant, which is now rolling over Kies and is also available for flashing manually. Ice Cream Sandwich brings along many new features to Android, such as improved performance and stability, better mobile data usage management, face unlock, and many others.
The guide below will walk you through the steps that will enable you to manually install the UELPL Android 4.0 firmware on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi P7510. Keep in mind that if you are not comfortable with manual flashing, it’s best to get the update from Samsung’s Kies software.
You can also try out an unofficial Jelly Bean Android 4.1 ROM on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 → here.
This firmware and the guide below are compatible only and only with Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi variant, model number P7510. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About tablet.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install UELPL Android 4.0 Firmware on Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510
- [Important!] This procedure might wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
NOTE: Don’t forget to at least make a backup of your APN settings, which you can restore later if your data connection does not work after installing the ROM. Use the backup guide to find out how.
- It’s important you’ve the proper drivers for the tablet installed. If you have installed Samsung’s Kies software, you already have the drivers, so download them only if you haven’t installed Kies.
Download Drivers | Alternative Link for Drivers
- Download the firmware.
Download UELPL | Alternate Link for Firmware
Filename: P7510UELPL_P7510XABLPL_XAB.zip | Size: 417 MB
- Extract the downloaded zip file once to get the following files (you might see the file name end with .tar instead of .md5 as the file extension is usually hidden, so it’s normal):
- SS_DL.dll [ignore this one]
- Download Odin 1.85 from → here.
Filename: Odin 1.85.zip | Size: 199 KB
- Extract the contents of the Odin 1.85.zip file to a folder.
- Disconnect your tablet if it’s connected to PC, then switch it off.
- Now, put the tablet in Download Mode — to do so, press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Power. Right after the screen turns on, you’ll see a menu. Let go of both buttons, then press the Volume Up button to continue to download mode.
- Open Odin — double-click the Odin3 v1.85.exe that you got after extracting the file Odin 1.85.zip.
- In ODIN, click on the PDA button, then select the P7510XABLPL_P7510UELPL_HOME.tar.md5 file obtained in step 4.1.
- Important! Do not make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required files as given in step 10. Leave all other options as they are.
- Connect your tablet to PC now. You should get the message “Added!” under Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
If you don’t get this message, then probably there is a problem with drivers. Make sure you’ve proper drivers installed (check step 2). Also, uninstall Kies from the Control Panel as well (this will leave the drivers on the computer but remove Kies which can interfere with the procedure).
- Now, hit the START button to start flashing the firmware on your tablet. When the flashing is complete, your tablet will automatically reboot — and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable. Plus, you’ll get a PASS message (with green background) in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin.
- If you run into any roadblocks while flashing the firmware, let us know and we’ll help you out.
The official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update is now installed on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi. Enjoy!