- 1.TWRP RECOVERY INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: TWRP RECOVERY ON NOKIA X, X+ AND XL
TWRP RECOVERY INFO
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: TWRP RECOVERY ON NOKIA X, X+ AND XL
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE.
The procedure below will only work for Nokia X, X+ and XL | Codename: Normandy.
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other device of any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash TWRP Recovery on your Nokia X. If you are not sure, check the link below.
STEP 3: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the one click TWRP Recovery installer zip file given below. Transfer installer zip file to a separate folder on your computer just to keep things tidy.
ONE CLICK TWRP RECOVERY INSTALLER
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing TWRP Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Prepare your phone:
- Enable developer options: Go to your phone’s Settings » select About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open phone’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” check-box (under Debugging section).
- Extract the installer file Nokia X (+,L) TWRP One-Click-Recovery Installer.zip (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files, and one folder:
- api (folder)
- Double-click/Run the ‘1-click-TWRP-recovery-installer.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install TWRP Recovery on your device.
└Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute or so, then it means you don’t have proper drivers installed on your computer for your Nokia X. Follow the drivers installation guide provided above for troubleshooting driver and other connectivity issues.
- Your device will automatically boot into system. To boot into your newly flashed TWRP Recovery:
- Power off your Nokia X and wait for 6-7 seconds after display is off.
- Press Power button and when you see the NOKIA logo appear, press and hold Volume up button.
It was easy to install TWRP Recovery on your Nokia X, X+ or XL, right? Let us know how you plan to use it in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!