Team Win Recovery Project most popularly known as TWRP, is one of the most popular custom recoveries available for Android. It’s known for its appealing layout design, loads of features, intuitive user interface, and ability to use custom ROMs. TWRP recovery is available for a wide array of devices big or small.
With the 2.8 update, the TWRP recovery has received a bunch of distinct features. The most prominent being Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) implementation based on C++ which allows transferring files both to microSD cards and emulated storage. Also, with new command line capabilities, users can mow perform various Open Recovery Script commands via the adb shell while still enjoying the ease-of-use of the touchscreen. TWRP recovery now natively supports QHD screens and smaller screens which is good news for smartwatches users.
The TWRP 2.8 update is a major release, have a look at the long list of changes below:
- Add MTP support to recovery thanks mostly to bigbiff with a little help from Dees_Troy
- Add command line capabilities – you can now execute various TWRP features via adb instead of the touchscreen
- Add support for color in the console and give error, warning, and highlight lines different colors
- Track backup and restore progress based on file sizes to provide a much more accurate indication of progress
- Improve handling of /misc thanks to mdmower
- Improve setting of time on Qualcomm devices thanks to [NUT]
- Allow using images on slidervalue GUI objects thanks to Tassadar
- Allow using variables and addition and subtraction in variables for easier theming
- Add support for 1440×2560, 280×280, and 320×320 resolutions and update 240×240
- Allow ui.xml file to include additional xml files to help break up the theme and make TWRP easier to maintain
- Other minor fixes and improvements