Transformer Prime Stock Firmware 188.8.131.52 — Flash With CWM Recovery on Unlocked Bootloader Primes
Asus recently released the bootloader unlock tool for their Eee Pad Transformer Prime, which allowed developers and the community to start unleashing the power of custom ROMs and hacks on it. And now you can get the stock 184.108.40.206 Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmware on your unlocked Transformer Prime by simply flashing it through Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
XDA developer jermaine151, after many tries and hours of learning, managed to convert an OTA (Over the Air) update file into a CWM-flashable zip that should allow people who don’t currently have access to the official update to flash it on their Transformer Prime. It’s completely stock, the only change being that it is pre-rooted.
Read on to how to flash the 220.127.116.11 ICS firmware on your Transformer Prime.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Asus Transformer Prime, model number TF201. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About Tablet.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
Developer → gnufabio
- A bootloader unlocked Transformer Prime TF201 with Clockworkmod Recovery installed. Check this page for help.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Make sure the battery is sufficiently charged. At least 50% is recommended.
How to Install 18.104.22.168 ICS on Transformer Prime
- Download the firmware file from the original development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the root of your SD card on your tablet.
- Turn off the device and boot into Clockworkmod Recovery. Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible. Release both buttons and press the Volume Up button. Use volume buttons to navigate and power button to select options in recovery
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, Select Backup again. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD cards).
- Now select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes” on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the ROM finishes installing, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the tablet.
The stock 22.214.171.124 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware is now up and running on your Asus Transformer Prime. Do let us know your thoughts and experience in the comments below. Enjoy ICS!