TouchWiz 4.0 (TW4) for Galaxy S Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs, Like CM9, Onecosmic’s, AOKP, etc.
There are two kinds of people in the world: those who love Samsung’s TouchWiz launcher, and those who don’t. The latter have probably stopped reading from looking at the title, but for those who like TouchWiz and are using Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Android 4.0 based custom ROMs on their Galaxy S I9000 can now use Samsung’s TouchWiz (TW) 4 launcher on their phones on top of ICS, thanks to XDA modder PaWill.
It’s been tested on the following Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs:
- SGS CM9 Build 16
- SGS Onecosmic 4.2
- Nexus S AOKP b27
- SGS 2 AOKP
- Elite Nexus S port
However, it should work on any and all ICS based custom ROMs on the Galaxy S, so do try it out if you want to get TouchWiz 4 on your phone. Don’t worry, even if it won’t work on your ROM, it will not cause any problems if you do try it out.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the Galaxy S, model number i9000. It’s not compatible with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
- A Galaxy S i9000 running an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM like CM9, Onecosmic’s ROM, etc.
How to Install TouchWiz 4 on Galaxy S ICS ROM
- Download the TouchWiz 4 package.
Download Link | Filename: update.TouchWiz4.ICS.zip
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the internal SD card on your Galaxy S.
- Turn off the phone and boot into ClockworkMod recovery. To do so, press and hold these 3 buttons together: Volume Up, Home, and the Power button till the screen turns on, then let go of the buttons. In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option.
- Select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the update.TouchWiz4.ICS.zip file on the sdcard and select it.
- Confirm installation on the next screen by selecting “Yes — Install update.TouchWiz4.ICS.zip”.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
TouchWiz 4 is now installed on your Galaxy S I9000 running on an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM. Share your experience with us, in the comments below.