Touch Clockworkmod Recovery for Rogers and AT&T Skyrocket SGH-i727
If you are into the custom modding scene of Android, there’s one thing that you absolutely need, and that’s ClockworkMod recovery, without which not much would be possible, like flashing custom ROMs, hacks, etc. And, with the release of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0, development began on the touch version of ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery, which lets go of the tiresome old method of using the volume keys on the phone to navigate CWM.
If you own an AT&T/Rogers Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, you can flash the latest version of ClockworkMod Touch recovery on your phone, thanks to XDA modder tpmullan who has packaged it into an Odin-flashable file, so you don’t need to pay to download it in ROM Manager.
Read on to find out how you can update/install the latest ClockworkMod Touch recovery on your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
This firmware and the guide below are compatible only and only with the AT&T/Rogers Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, model number i727/i727R. It’s not compatible with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- Make a backup of your apps, just in case something goes wrong. This Android backup guide would help you.
- If you have Samsung’s PC software Kies installed, un-install it first because it may interrupt the flashing process.
- Drivers! — it’s important you’ve the proper drivers installed.
How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- Download the required CWM recovery file
Download Link | Filename: recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-hercules.tar
- Download Odin 1.85 from → here.
Filename: Odin 1.85.zip | Size: 199 KB
- Extract the contents of the Odin 1.85.zip file to a folder.
- Power off your phone and also disconnect it from PC if it’s connected, and don’t forget to keep phone’s battery above 50%, just to be safe. After the screen goes off, wait for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Open Odin (from step 2) — double-click the Odin3 v1.85.exe that you got after extracting the file Odin 1.85.zip.
- Now, boot into download mode on the phone. To do this, turn off your phone. Plug in your USB cable to the computer, but not to the phone. Then, holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the phone, plug in the USB cable to the phone while holding those buttons. Once the Download mode screen shows up, let go of the buttons. For the Rogers i727R, hold down the Volume Down button, plug in the USB cable, then press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Now, in the PDA tab in Odin, select the file you got in step 1 – recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-hercules.tar
- Important! Do not touch any other button or make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required file as given in step 7.
- Now, hit the START button to start flashing CWM recovery. When the flashing procedure is finished, your phone will automatically reboot — and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable. Plus, you’ll get a PASS (with green background) message in the left-most box at the very top of Odin.
IMPORTANT Note: If ODIN gets stuck at some stage and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, do this — disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, then do the procedure again from Step 2. Same if you get FAIL in Odin.