Touch Clockworkmod Recovery for HP TouchPad [Beta]
The HP Touchpad has been getting a lot of developer attention lately. A few days ago we told you about the CM9 Alpha being released for the Touchpad and then another bit of exciting news which had CM9 nightlies being out. Today we have another exciting new release for thei awesome little device, Clockworkmod Recovery TOUCH 184.108.40.206 Beta.
This touch-based recovery has been released by XDA member sk8erwitskil who has managed to port it for the Touchpad. The recovery is currently in Beta, and has a few bugs which prevents the touch based part from working the way it should, but a stable build should be out soon enough.
There are 2 versions available for you to test out, one is a fakeflash version, meaning it won’t install itself on your device’s system or make any changes therein, much like a preview file, and the second one is a permanent installation. We would recommend you try out the fakeflash file, and wait for a stable build to be released before you go for a permanent installation. Read on to see how you can try out the new Clockworkmod Recovery Touch on your HP Touchpad.
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This toolkit is compatible only and only with the HP Touchpad. Please do not attempt to use it on any other device. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device. Check your device model before trying anything.
Rooted HP TouchPad with Clockworkmod recovery installed
How to Test Clockworkmod Recovery Touch on the HP Touchpad
- Download the CWMRT5504.zip fakeflash file to your PC from the official development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to your HP Touchpad via USB cable.
- Power off the Touchpad and boot into Clockworkmod recovery
- In recovery, scroll down to Install zip from SDcard, and then select Choose zip from SDcard.
- Now scroll to the CWMRT5504.zip file you transferred in Step 2, and select it using the Power button. This will execute the fakeflash for the CWMR Touch.
- Once the installation is complete, select Reboot recovery. You should now reboot into the new Touch Clockworkmod recovery.
You can visit the official development page linked above, to check for updated versions and to submit bugs. So go ahead and try it out, and let us know your thoughts in comments below.