Here we go again!!! A brand new, Ice Cream Sandwich based custom ROM for the HTC Amaze 4G, it is. It’s called Evervolv laceo Preview 1, and is based on AOSP, which means no Sense. If you prefer the stock Android look, then this is worth trying out.
The ROM is an early preview build, and is still under development. There are a few bugs, which the dev is working on ironing out. Before we move on to see how we can install this ROM, let’s have a quick glance at the features and known issues, quoted from the developer’s thread:
- Compiled from evervolv
- idk whatelse to add
- Sdcard externel
- Sdcard Mounting
- More i forgot
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the HTC Amaze 4G. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device as it might damage your device irrepairably. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device. Please check your device model under Settings–> About Phone
→ Evervolv laceo Preview 1
File name: Evervolv-Iaceo-2.1.0p1-ruby.zip | Size: 102 MB
- Rooted/S-off HTC Amaze 4G with Clockworkmod Recovery installed
- Back up all your personal data. You can use this excellent Android Backup Guide as reference.
- Fully Charged battery
- Perform a full back up of your existing ROM in CWM, so that you can restore from it at any time later, in case you want to go back.
How To Install Evervolv Laceo Preview 1 ROM on HTC Amaze 4G
- Download the Evervolv ROM (link provided above) to your desktop
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of SD card on your phone.
- Now power off the phone and reboot to recovery (Hold Volume Down and the Power button, then use Volume Down to highlight “bootloader” and press the Power button to select it. Once in the bootloader, use Volume Down to select “recovery” and press the Power button to select it)
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Wipe data / factory reset –> then Select Yes- Wipe data/Factory resetect on the next screen
- Wipe Cache Partition –> then Select Yes- Wipe cache partition on the next screen
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache–>then Select Yes- Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install ’Evervolv-Iaceo-2.1.0p1-ruby.zip’. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- That’s it!! Enjoy Evervolv Ice Cream Sandwich on your Amaze 4G
You can visit the original development thread to check for updates to this ROM, as well as to find bug fixes and add-ons. Try it out, and let us know your experience in comments below.