Here’s a stock pre-rooted ROM for your Sprint Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910P that you can use anytime you want to come back to stock with root and other basic tweaks. This ROM comes with Knox removed and is available in both odex and de-odexed versions. The ROM is based on the N910PVPU1ANIE firmware which is the first firmware released for the Sprint Galaxy Note 4.
Sprint Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910P root was achieved only a few days back by Chainfire with the CF Auto Root. The Sprint Note 4 comes with unlocked bootloader hence it was easier to get root on the device unlike the Verizon and AT&T variants of the device which comes with locked bootloader.
This pre-rooted Sprint Galaxy Note 4 ROM comes as a recovery flashable zip file and credits for it goes to MasterZen88 over at the XDA forums.
CUSTOM ROM INFO
|Name||Pre-Rooted Stock ROM (N910PVPU1ANIE)|
|Android Version||Android 4.4.4 KitKat|
|Is this official?||No.|
|Credits||MasterZen88 | XDA|
- Based from Stock NIE TAR
- init.d support
- BusyBox Installed
- Knox Removed
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
SPRINT GALAXY NOTE 4 PRE-ROOTED STOCK ROM (NIE)
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SM-N910P!
This page is meant only for Sprint Galaxy Note 4. Please DO NOT try the procedures given here on any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been Warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY
Skip this step if you already have latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your device.
Since this ROM is a recovery flashable zip file you need to install a custom recovery first on your Sprint Galaxy Note 4.
STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your phone and remember the location.
icon-download Download de-odexed | File name: Bonsai_Stock_deodex_NIE.zip (1.36 GB)
Download odexed | File name: Bonsai_Stock_odex_NIE.zip (1.36 GB)
Download either the odexed or de-odexed version of the ROM and transfer it to your phone.
You will need to flash the ROM now on your device using TWRP recovery.
HOW TO FLASH ROM WITH TWRP RECOVERY
- Boot into recovery mode. If you’re rooted, the easiest way to boot into recovery mode would be using the QuickBoot app. If not, then follow the instructions below:
- Power off your device and wait 4-5 seconds after lights go off.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power key together and release them as soon as you see the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 boot logo.
For more options, check out our page on → How to boot into Galaxy Note 4 Recovery Mode
- Create a Nandroid Backup from recovery. It’s optional but very important to do, so that in case something goes wrong you can restore to current status easily. For making a Nandroid Backup, go to Backup » and select all check boxes and swipe on the Swipe to confirm option at the bottom of the screen to confirm backup.
- Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). For this:
- Tap on Wipe » then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option (screenshot).
- Install the ROM file:
- Reboot your device. Go back to the main menu of recovery and tap on Reboot » then, tap on System to reboot your phone.
Note: In case your device gets bootloop (stuck at logo while rebooting), just do a factory reset (step 3) and you will be fine.