The HTC M9 is yet to hit retail stores but its full port, along with the HTC Sense7 and its Motion Launch feature, has already made it to last year’s flagship, One M8, in and as custom ROM. The Sense7 UI is basically why anyone would want this port on his One M8 right away, speaking of which, it’s available only for Sprint and Verizon One M8 sets. Don’t try this on T-Mobile, AT&T, international or any other variant of HTC One M8.
The ROM is based on firmware 1.32.401.8 of HTC One M9, and includes M9’s boomsound, apps, library, graphics, and even the M9’s ramdisk in stock kernel of One M8. Seriously, you cannot find a port more complete than this, right?
If you’re a game for mods, which you are I guess if you are looking at this page, you wouldn’t waste a second more downloading the ROM. Well, find the goods below. But don’t forget to appreciate the efforts of developer sun_dream, the creator of this port.
Note: Keep in mind that this is not official HTC firmware, and hence you could find a bug or two here or there.
Grab the ROM file in .zip format from the source development page here.
- Verizon HTC One M8
- Sprint HTC One M8
- Don’t try on T-Mobile, AT&T, international and other variants
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
>> Again, do not install this ROM on any other model of HTC One M8 than Verizon and Sprint.
Important Note: Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
- Transfer the ROM file package file to your device’s internal storage and remember the location where you save it.
- You need TWRP recovery for this. Get it from here. There’s good instructions set there, too. For more help, Google is your friend.
- Boot into Recovery mode.
- Once in TWRP recovery, take a backup of your current ROM. On TWRP, select Backup, then do a “Swipe to Back Up” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once the backup is finished, select Wipe, then do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery and select Install.
- Navigate to the file where you saved your ROM’s zip file, select it and “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen. Now wait until the flashing process finishes.
- Go to back to recovery’s Main menu, select Reboot » select System.
Your device will now reboot with HTC One M9’s firmware with new Sense7 and its features!
In case you need any help over this, let us know. And, you can thank sun_dream for this.