Android development is the key to unveil the true power of the device, which is to get more than what the manufacturer offer you. Sometimes the manufacturers lock some of the features for unknown reasons and may under-clock your processor speed, but through android development and hacks you can get the maximum out of your device. The basic entity that is required for most development aspects is to gain Root access of the device.
Sony Xperia Z2, which was released in the early Q2 of this year came with some impressing features but nevertheless root is mandatory for any developer or an advanced android user. The Xperia Z2 is rooted previously by some techniques but either the root process is a bit tedious or it isn’t a full root. But thanks to DooMLoRD, a recognized developer from XDA community has now made a root tool which offers a simple process to root your Xperia Z2.
The tool is indeed a TA backup tool which is modified to exploit the ASEC vulnerability of the device to obtain the full root. The TA backup feature is kept intact and the toolkit is coined as the Community RootKit, acknowledging the works of developers community. The Rootkit will work on both locked and unlocked bootloaders on Xperia Z2, so need to follow another guide to unlock your bootloader first.
Follow the simple steps to obtain full root on your Xperia Z2.
Community RootKit → download link.
Follow the source at the end of the post to get the latest update of the rootkit.
- Extract the Community Rootkit file to a separate folder on your PC. (avoid extracting to your desktop as it may sometimes cause issues when the user name has a blank space)
- Connect your Sony Xperia Z2 to the PC and make sure that the device is recognized in the device manager.
- Navigate to the extracted folder and click the RUNME.bat file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
- Reboot the device once the root process is successfully finished
That’s it, once rebooted your device will have a full root access.
Screenshots Credits: chesterr