The final NXT generation device unveiled by Sony at MWC Barcelona- the Xperia U, is positioned as a phone for the budget minded. Carrying a similar design as it’s elder siblings , the Xperia U , packs a 3.5″ Reality display with a 480 x 854 resolution, a 1 GHz Dual-Core processor, a 5 MP shooter capable of capturing 720p videos and VGA front-camera, 4 GB of internal storage, and 512 MB RAM.
The Xperia U will also ship with Android 2.3.5,and the Timescape UI, like the S & P, but Sony has planned an upgrade to Android 4.0 in the future. The handset also features Xloud sound processing technoloy, which is a proprietary 3d surround sound technology by Sony. The Xperia U also comes with the transparent bar design as does the S & P. But in this case, the bottom part of the bar automatically changes colors to match the content of your screen. Plus, you can also swap the cap on the bottom with a different colored one, and customize the look of the Xperia U as per your mood.
Sony Xperia U Features
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread with Timescape
- 3.5″ LED backlit display – 480 x 854
- STE-U8500 dual-core 1 GHz
- DB8500 GPU
- 4 GB internal storage
- 512 MB RAM
- 5 MP Camera with LED Flash and auto-focus | 720p video capture @ 30fps
- HSDPA, HSUPA, WiFi b/g/n, DLNA
- Sony Mobile Bravia Engine
- Xlound Sound Processing technology
- WiFi, HSDPA, DLNA, Bluetooth
- 1320 mAh battery
It would be interesting to see how the Xperia U fares against the likes of the HTC One V, which was also announced at MWC Barcelona.