Sony Xperia GX is an LTE enabled phone with a modern top-end spec-sheet — except for the quad-core processor — meant only for Japanese market. With the Sony Xperia GX, last year’s Xperia Arc’s design makes a comeback, and it’s still looking pretty good.
While it would come pre-installed with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, which also makes it Sony’s first phone to launch with ICS, Sony has rightly has finally convinced itself to abort the hardware/capacitive button set-up in favor of on-screen buttons, which are default in Android 4.0, and thus Google’s own Samsung made Galaxy Nexus, too. Thank G-O-D for that!
So, with all that said, let’s see the full Sony Xperia GX specifications, which should really make Sony fans happy especially ones who are looking for an LTE supporting device.
Sony Xperia GX Specs
- 4.6-inch display. Although Sony remained silent on the display’s quality we think it’s the same one we saw in Xperia S — LED backlit LCD, with HD resolution of 720 x 1280, that is 319 PPI, nearly same as that of Galaxy Nexus’ 316 PPI with 4.65-inch Super AMOLED display
- No quad-core processor in this high-end buddy. It gotta make do with 1.5GHz dual-core processor, which isn’t a make-do sorta thing actually, since dual-core processor are damn good too. While there is no word on processor’s type too, we are secretly hoping for the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Krait processor, which is drawing strong comparisons with Tegra 3 quad-core processor and winning many hearts too. If not the S4, it would be same as that of Xperia S — the 1.5GHz dual-core MSM8260 Snapdragon S3 processor.
- Android 4.0, dubbed by Google as Ice Cream Sandwich — well, this is perhaps the most beautiful feature of this phone, even though Sony’s has tweaked it with their UI even though it looks better as stock. Android 4.0 should have come pre-installed with Xperia S too, but at least it is now. Why I specifically called it most beautiful feature is that because Sony has kept the on-screen keys setup of ICS, doing away with hardware or capacitive keys as found on Xperia S and also on another upcoming high-end Sony phone, codenamed as ST29i Hayabusa
- 13MP camera at back equipped with Sony’s Exmor R for mobile tech — this could easily make the Xperia GX the world’s best camera phone. Xperia GX will also have usual Sony mobile camera software thing, the ability to take 3D panoramic images, and common in all high-end phones now, the HD video recording
- 16GB internal memory — no biggie here
- While and Black colors
That’s it about the Sony Xperia GX for Japan. Check out the other new phones of Sony, launched in 2012.
Sony Xperia GX Release Date
Xperia GX should be releasing in Japan pretty soon, in May ’12 itself or June ’12. Official release date will be updated here as and when Sony announces it.
Sony Xperia GX Price
Being one of the top-end Sony phone, with biggest screen from Sony so far with HD display, one could expect it to be priced around 46000 yens. Official price to be updated here when it becomes available.