Well, looks like Samsung is really confident about beating the competition yet again with the Galaxy S4 and wants to make an even bigger show of it this time, as the company has invited people to Times Square on the day of the device’s unpack event, which will be streamed live via one of the large screens adorning one of the buildings.
Samsung had earlier sent invites to the press for the actual Unpacked event that will take place in New York on March 14th, and while most would be content watching the event live at home on their computers or tablets, Samsung looks to be wanting to give a chance to watch it all happen in grand fashion. This is “Episode 1” of Samsung Unpacked, and I guess Episode 2 will be the actual launch of the device.
— Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile) February 28, 2013
The Galaxy S4 is reported to sport a 5-inch 1080p display of SoLux or Super AMOLED kind, a Exynos or Qualcomm processor for different regions, 13 megapixel rear shooter, and Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Benchmark results found for the device saw it get top marks in browser performance, which has made the wait for the official details of the Galaxy S4 even more difficult for many.
So who’s in?
Samsung Galaxy S4 Specifications [Rumored]
- 4.99″ Full HD SoLux/Super AMOLED display
- 1.9 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 / Exynos Octa octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16, 32 or 64 GB storage
- 13 megapixel rear camera, 1080p video recording
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera, 720p video
- 2,600 mAh battery, wireless charging
- Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, TouchWiz UI
- 140.1 x 71.8 x 7.7mm, 138g
- BlackWhite colour options