There is a new firmware for Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 3, Value Edition LTE variant, build no. dubbed as T113XXU0AOG3. Mind you, the OG3 series is the latest among Samsung updates right now, but, in case you hoped for greater Android version, Android 5.0 Lollipop perhaps, you’re out of luck. It’s still same old Android 4.4.4 to boot.
What this means then that it’s packing extra goodies on 4.4 for the Tab 3 LTE tablet. Given the fact that even the OFx series brought the Android 5.1.1 update to Galaxy S6 sets, one S5 and Note Edge, it’s disheartening to see Tab 3 get OGx series update and still not get the deservedly Android 5.0 update.
But anyway, it’s one crucial update, one that you shouldn’t let go if your have a Tab 3. To help you with easy installation, we’ve got direct download links — better than Mega and Google drive links even — right here for you, along with an installation guide.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 LTE to OG3 firmware
- OG3 firmware — Direct Link | File: T113XXU0AOG3_T113OXA0AOG3_DBT.zip (1.54 GB)
- Odin PC software | File: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip (1.6 MB)
- SAMSUNG GALAXY Tab 3 LTE Value Edition, model no. SM-T113
- Don’t try this on any other Galaxy Tab device than the model no. SM-T113
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Disclaimer: Installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty, but it remains an unofficial process and thus you need to be cautious of it. In any case, you only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files. Sometimes, Odin installation may delete everything on your device!
Step 1. Download the Odin software and firmware file from above.
Step 2. Install Galaxy Tab 3 LTE driver (S6’s driver work, use method 1 there!) first of all. Double click the .exe file of drivers to begin installation. (Not required if you have already done this.)
Step 3. Extract the firmware file (T113XXU0AOG3_T113OXA0AOG3_DBT.zip) now. You can use a free software like 7-zip for this. Install 7-zip, then right click on firmware file and under 7-zip, select ‘Extract here’. You should get the a file in .tar.md5 format now. We will be loading this file into Odin, to be installed on your galaxy tab (in step 10 below)
Step 4. Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
Step 5. Disconnect your Galaxy Tab 3 from PC if it is connected.
Step 6. Boot Galaxy Tab 3 into download mode:
- Power off your Tab 3, Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume down + Power + Home together until you see warning screen
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
Step 8. Connect your Tab 3 LTE VE to PC via a USB cable. Odin should recognize your device. It’s a must. When it recognizes, you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and turn its background blue. Look at the pic below.
- You cannot proceed until you get the Added!! message, which confirms that Odin has recognized your device.
- If you don’t get Added!! message, you need to install/re-install drivers again, and use the original cable that came with device. Mostly, drivers are the problem (look at step 2 above).
- You can try different USB ports on your PC too.
Step 9. Load the firmware file into Odin. Click the AP button on Odin and the select the .tar.md5 file from Step 3 above.
- Info: When you load files, Odin checks the md5 of firmware file, which takes time. So, simply wait until that’s done and the firmware file is loaded. Don’t worry if Odin gets unresponsive for a while, it’s normal. Binary size will also show up in Odin.
Step 11. Click the Start button on Odin now to start flashing the firmware on your Galaxy Tab 3.Wait till installation is finished, after which your Tab will reboot automatically. You’ll get PASS message as shown below upon successful installation from Odin.
- If Odin gets stuck at setup connection, then you need to do steps 6 to 11 again. For this, close Odin, disconnect your tab then start from step 6 again.
- Or, if you get FAIL in the top left box, you need to try flashing again, as stated just above.
Step 12. First start of the device may take time, so wait patiently again. Check the Settings > About phone to confirm new firmware.
That’s it. Enjoy your Galaxy Tab 3 LTE Vale Edition tablet on the latest OG3 firmware!