Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 (WiFi Only) PhilZ Touch Advanced CWM Recovery
- 1.PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 SM-T210 (WIFI ONLY)
PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY INFO
6.16.4 based on CWM 6.x
Fully functional with Android 4.4.x and below
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 SM-T210 (WIFI ONLY)
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SM-T210!
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 variants or any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash PhilZ Touch Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. In case you’re not sure, follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing driver for your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 on your computer.
STEP 3: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the Odin zip file and PhilZ tar.md5 file given below. Transfer both Odin and recovery tar file to a separate folder on your computer just to keep things tidy.
ODIN ZIP FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip (951 KB)
PHILZ TOUCH TAR FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: philz_touch_6.16.4-lt02wifi.tar.md5 (6.98 MB)
For latest version of the recovery, check the original Goo.im page →
Example video: If you haven’t used Odin before to install a recovery file or anything else, then we suggest you first watch a video of that to get familiar with the process. The video demonstrates flashing of an older version PhilZ Touch Recovery on Galaxy S3, but since the procedure is same, the video will help: Click here to watch the video
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing PhilZ Touch Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Extract/Unzip the Odin zip file, Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip on your computer (using 7-zip free software, preferably) to get this file: Odin3 v3.09.exe
- Move the PhilZ file, philz_touch_6.16.4-lt02wifi.tar.md5, in the same folder in which you extracted Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip (Just for your convenience, that is). So, now you’ll have the following files in that folder:
- Odin3 v3.09.exe
- Disconnect the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 from PC if it is connected.
- Double-click the Odin3 v3.09.exe file to open Odin.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 into Download Mode: (The image below of Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 will help)
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to PC. Odin window will show an Added!! message in bottom left box. Odin’s screen would look like this:
If you don’t get the Added! message, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you have installed driver for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 as said above.
- If you have already installed driver, then uninstall them and re-install back.
- Connect using a different USB port on your PC.
- Try a different USB cable. The original cable that came with your tablet should work best, if not, try any other cable that’s new and of good quality.
- Reboot tablet and PC and then try again.
- Load the recovery file (Step 2) into Odin as instructed below:
- Now in the Option section of Odin, make sure that Re-Partition box is unchecked. (Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes remain checked, while all other boxes remain unchecked.)
- Double check the above two steps.
- Click the Start button to begin flashing PhilZ Touch Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210, and wait until you see a PASS! message in Odin’s top left box.
- When you get PASS! message, your tablet will restart automatically. You can then disconnect your tablet from PC.
- PhilZ Touch Recovery has installed successfully on your Tab 3 7.0. To boot your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 into Recovery Mode:
- Power off your tablet first and wait for 6-7 seconds after display is off.
- Press and hold these 3 buttons together: Volume Up + Power + home.
If you see FAIL message instead of the PASS in Odin’s top left box, that’s a problem. Try this now: disconnect your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 from PC, close Odin, hold the Power button for 10 seconds which will force restart the tablet, open Odin and then repeat from Step 5 of this guide again.
Also, If device is Stuck at setup connection or on any other process, then too, try this: disconnect your Tab 3 7.0 from PC, close Odin, hold the Power button for 10 seconds which will force restart the tablet, open Odin and then repeat from Step 5 of this guide again.
It was easy to install PhilZ Touch Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, right? Let us know how you plan to use it in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!