Samsung Galaxy Beam aka HALO Hits Singapore on July 20
If you are an office goer who plays with projector quite frequently, then you must have rued the non-availability of an Android phone with projection capabilities. But worry no more, as the Samsung’s been listening and has loaded an integrated projector to a decently equipped Android phone, called Samsung HALO, to be released on July 20 in Singapore first.
HALO is a marketing name of the Samsung Galaxy Beam (I8520 for those good with numbers, actually) whose spec sheet reads as below:
- 3.7 inch WVGA Super AMOLED screen
- HSUPA 5.76 Mbps / HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
- 3G (900/1900/2100 Mhz)
- Android 2.1
- 8.0 Megapixel Camera (with Auto focus and Flash)
- FM Radio
- SMS/MMS/Email/Exchange Active Sync
- Bluetooth 3.0
- USB 2.0
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- TV Out
- Memory of ‘4Gb + 2Gb + 1Gb + 16Gb MoviNAND’ (No idea about what does it mean, but looks like 16Gb is for External Storage)
- 123 x 59.8 14.9 mm and weighs 155 grams
- Battery: 1800 mAh which promises Talktime of 7 Hours (3G) while 530 Hours of standby time
What distinguishes the pretty similar spec-sheet that we have ‘seen’ many a times this year is the presence of built-in DLP pico projector.
Launch in other Asian markets should follow the July 20 Singapore launch soon. Packing in 8.0MP camera and Android 2.1 (we wished it had 2.2, though) with larger 1800 mAh Battery (to support your presentations efficiently) makes it a good business phone with a purpose.