Run T-Mobile Galaxy S2 ROMs on your AT&T Skyrocket
AT&T Skyrocket Users now have a really new and exciting way to experience ROMs from T-Mobile Galaxy S2.
The pre-requisite for this method to work is that you have a rooted ROM and CWM recovery installed.
If you haven’t rooted and installed CWM yet, please visit this link to get help → How To Root Skyrocket And Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Alright, so to begin with you need to download following things:
- Skyrocket Conversion Package
- Your desired T-Mobile S2 ROM
Considering you already rooted your phone and being familiar with method of flashing file from CWM recovery mode, please follow below steps and enjoy T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Custom ROMs:
- Place both Conversion package zip file and your downloaded T-Mobile S2 ROM on sdcard
- Unplug USB cable, turn off device and remove battery.
- Place battery back in and boot into recovery mode this time. For this, hold both volume rocker buttons and press power button. Keep holding all three buttons until something appears on screen.
- Now, you see ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery. Use Volume Up and Down keys to browse through options and power to select an options, while back key to go to previous screen.
- Then, select “install zip from sdcard”. Then, “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Choose “<YOUR-DOWNLOADED-S2-ROM>” you placed earlier on sdcard and select “yes – ___” to flash it.
- Similarly, again choose “<CONVERSION-PACKAGE-FILE>” you placed earlier on sdcard and select “yes – ___” to flash it.
After rebooting, you will need to manually add your APN.
For people with LTE access, use the following APN settings:
Name: ATT pta
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
APN type: internet + mms
There is no LTE icon in the status bar. This is due to framework belongs to T-Mobile Galaxy S2 now.
If you’ve any questions, feel free to leave us a comment.