The developers over at XDA never seem to sleep, always working hard to get things done as quickly as possible, so we the users can reap the benefits. Soon after the leak of the UCLB3 Android 2.3.6 firmware for the Samsung Infuse 4G, a rooted version of the firmware was released. And as always, we have a handy guide to help you flash this firmware on to your Infuse 4G.
Read on to find out how to flash the firmware on your phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!
This ROM and the guide below is compatible only and only with Infuse 4G, model number I997. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. If it’s not I997, please do not attempt this.
- Infuse 4G with Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) installed.
- This procedure will wipe your apps and data. Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
How to Install Rooted UCLB3 Firmware on Infuse 4G:
- Download the ROM file.
Download Link | Filename: SGH-I997_UCLB3_INFUSE.zip | Size: 182 MB
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of the internal SD card on your phone.
- Turn off your phone and wait for complete shutdown (wait for capacitive button lights to go off).
- Then, boot into Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
- Select “Wipe data / factory reset” –> then Select Yes – Wipe data/Factory reset on the next screen. (This will NOT wipe your SD cards, only your installed apps and app related data.)
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install SGH-I997_UCLB3_INFUSE.zip”. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot into the ROM.
That’s it. You now have a rooted UCLB3 ROM installed on your Infuse 4G. Share your thoughts and problems (if any) in the comments below and we’ll try to help you out.