Rooted Honeycomb 3.2.1 Stock ROM for the Acer Iconia A500
The festive season for the Acer Iconia A500 seems to be continuing with ROMs continuing to be released at regular intervals. Sure, “Ice Cream Sandwiches” seem to be the flavor of the season, despite the cold weather ─ and with good reason, but there is always room for a nice, rooted, stock HoneyComb ROM for those who tasted some ICS goodness, and decided to go back to HC till a really stable (everything works) build is out.
XDA developer civato has released a Rooted Stock ROM for the Iconia A500. It is based on pure stock A500 but is pre-rooted, so that you don’t have to go through the rooting process again. If you are currently running a custom ROM, and have Clockworkmod recovery installed on your tab, you know the drill, and I won’t bore you any more of my ramblings.
If you are still unrooted [I would urge you to root soon and liberate your Iconia Tab 🙂], You can refer to this particularly nice, detailed, step-by-step guide for rooting and other related processes.
You can download the ROM from the developer’s thread here.
To flash the ROM, you can follow these simple steps given below:
- Download the ROM from the link posted above and transfer it to your External SD card
- Power off your device and boot into recovery mode (Hold Volume Down & Power button together, and release both when you see text at the top of the screen)
- Perform a full backup of your existing ROM as a precautionary measure
- Perform a full wipe (Wipe Data, Wipe Cache partition & Wipe Dalvik Cache in Advanced Options)
- Install zip from SD card/Choose zip from SD card ( here, select the zip file you copied to your sd card in Step 1)
- Once the installation is complete, reboot.
Thats it!! Your’e done, and should now be running Stock Honeycomb version 3.2.1 with root.
In case you have any questions, or comments, do feel free to add them in the comments below, and I’d be happy to answer them for you.