Rooted 126.96.36.199 Ice Cream Sandwich Update for Transformer TF101
The official Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich OTA updates for the original Eee Pad Transformer, started rolling out yesterday. And in less than 24 hours since the rollout started, we already have a rooted version of the same, up and ready to be downloaded and flashed on your TF101. This is what we love about the Android developer community, they waste absolutely no time in making these goodies available for us to use.
XDA member MrNago has extracted the latest 188.8.131.52 ICS update, rooted it, and created a zip file which can be easily flashed through Clockworkmod Recovery, to upgrade your Transformer slate to the official ICS firmware from Asus, with root included. Read on to find out how you can bump up to ICS with root.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Asus Transformer Eee Pad, model number TF101. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About Tablet.
Developer → MrNago
- Rooted TF101 with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Battery charged to minimum of 50%.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install Rooted 9.2.11 Firmware on Transformer Prime TF101
- Download the FULL VERSION firmware file (WW version) from the original development thread. Note: There is an upgrade version and a Full version. Pls download the WW Full version file.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the root of your SD card on your tablet
- Turn off the device and reboot into Clockworkmod Recovery
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full wipe as follows
- Select Mounts and Storage » Format System » Yes-Format System
- Select Format Data » Yes – Format Data
- Select Format Cache » Yes – Format Cache
- Go back to the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache » Yes – Wipe Dalvik .
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard (from step 2) and select it. File Name: ww-184.108.40.206-CWM-full-rooted.zip
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes – Install “ww-220.127.116.11-CWM-full-rooted.zip” on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- After the tablet has rebooted, proceed to set up your device, and enjoy the Ice Cream Sandwich experience
Visit the official development page linked above to download updates and add-ons, check out more detailed information and to submit bugs that you may come across, and tell us about the Ice Cream Sandwich experience in comments below.