When you updated Asus Zenfone 5 to Lollipop, you lost precious root access that lets you become superuser of your device and use irreplaceable apps like xposed, Titanium backup, etc. Well, worry not, there is a dead-easy one click Asus Zenfone 5 root solution, that requires you to do nothing but just hit one key on the keyboard to start the root process and finish automatically. All that done to get your root access on Zenfone 5 automagically.
We’ve got a full installation guide for you below, that details out little thing you need to do on your Zenfone 5 to prepare it for the one click root tool. Also, make sure you have proper drivers installed on PC as said in the guide below. Once you’ve prepared your phone and PC, you can always use this one click root tool for Zenfone 5 to root whenever you wish to. That’s three root access achieved stories in as many days, after we discovered LG G4 Root yesterday (after bootloader unlock and TWRP for the same) and Android M root for Nexus 5 and Nexus 6. Btw, credit for the root tool goes to shakalaca.
Let’s see how to Root Asus Zenfone 5 Lollipop update version 22.214.171.124.
- Root tool | File: ZenFoneRootKit_20150528.zip (4.78 MB)
- Asus Zenfone 5, model no. Asus_T00F/T00J, WW variant, running software v126.96.36.199
- Don’t try on any other variant of Zenfone 5 with different model no. or any other Zenfone device.
- Don’t try on any other Android device.
Tip: Check the model no. in Settings > About phone. Or, you could also find the model no. on the packaging box of the device.
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup necessary stuff. In case your device is wiped off while following the guide below, it’s good to have a backup of contacts, photos, videos and other files already saved on PC.
- Download Asus Zenfone 5 root tool from above.
- Extract it on PC using a software like 7-zip. You’ll get these files and folder.
- Install ADB and ADB drivers on your Windows PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Zenfone 5.
- Go to Settings > About phone > Software information, and then tap build no. 7 times.
- Go back to Settings, and then Developer options. Find USB Debugging, and enable it using the toggle button. You’ll get a pop-up, simply tap on OK.
- Connect your Zenfone 5 to PC now with a USB cable. When you connect device to PC for the first time after enabling USB debugging, you get a pop-up saying ‘Allow USB debugging’ on your phone. Tick the checkbox ‘Always allow for this computer’ and accept the request by pressing ‘OK’ button (see screenshot below).
- Now you are all set, both on phone and PC. With Zenfone 5 connected to PC, start root process by running the Root.bat file (from step 2 above) on PC. Simply double click on the file to run it. [On Linux and Mac, run the root.sh file.]
- The Zenfone 5 will reboot into fastboot mode automatically (you’ll see Android logo) and after waiting for some time, will begin flashing the root files on the system. When done, your device will reboot automatically. And when it does, you will have root access. You can confirm this by download a root checker app from the play store. Open the app and tap on Verify Root, grant it root access on the pop-up that shows up.
You are a superuser of your Asus Zenfone 5, enjoy root access.
If you need any help with Zenfone 5 Lollipop root, be sure to tell us using the comments section below.