ROOT PACKAGE INFO
|Stability||Stable without any issues.|
|Root Manager App||SuperSU. It manages root permissions for apps on the device.|
|Credits||jcase and beaups|
icon-info-circle ABOUT WEAKSAUCE ROOT
- The WeakSauce root is installed as an app on your HTC One M8.
- It doesn’t permanently roots your phone.
- Root is removed on a Power off or Reboot, but as soon as the phone boots again the app automatically roots your phone after 30 seconds of the boot.
- If you uninstall the WeakSauce root app and reboot your phone, then the root will be removed.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: ROOT VERIZON HTC ONE M8 2014
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be Verizon HTC One M8!
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other variant of HTC One M8 or any other device of HTC or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: ROOTING INSTRUCTIONS
Download the WeakSauce zip file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your phone or PC.
WEAKSAUCE ZIP FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: WeakSauce-1.0.0.zip (1.29 MB)
- Extract the ‘WeakSauce-1.0.0.zip‘ file, you’ll get the following three files:
- Transfer the ‘WeakSauce-1.0.0.apk‘ file to your phone and install it just like you’d install any other .apk file
└ If you need help on installing the .apk file, check out our guide on → How to Install APK Files on Android.
- Open the WeakSauce app, agree to to the disclaimer it shows and hit root
- Wait for about 1 minute here as the app roots your Verizon HTC One M8
- Install the SuperSU app from Play store → Download link
That’s all. Enjoy!
VERIFY ROOT ACCESS
To verify root access on your Verizon HTC One M8, install the Root Checker app (link →) from Play Store.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed in the comments section below.