Verizon only recently pushed out the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update for the Galaxy S4 as an OTA update, and the full Odin flashable firmware is yet to make it to internet for the folks who couldn’t take the OTA. But developer muniz_ri over at XDA already has the full firmware available for download as a TWRP Flashable zip file, and it even comes pre-rooted.
This pre-rooted OC1 ROM by muniz_ri uses Hybridmax-Stock Kernel v2.3 while keeping everything else stock. Also, the developer has provided an optional zip file for enabling Native Tethering on the OC1 update.
We wouldn’t be surprised to know that a number of users must be waiting for a pre-rooted ROM over the fear of losing root by taking the OC1 OTA update. Well, this is the ROM to look forward to update your Verizon Galaxy S4 to Lollipop while keeping root access.Enjoy!
Download pre-rooted stock OC1 ROM for SCH-I545 (1.7 GB)
[Fix] Download Lockscreen password setting fix (152.5 KB)
(Optional) Download native tethering addon for OC1 (11.2 MB)
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Important Note: Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
- Transfer the ROM file to your device’s internal storage and remember the location where you save it.
- Install TWRP Recovery on your Verizon Galaxy S4.
- Boot your Galaxy S4 into Recovery mode.
- Make a backup. Once in TWRP recovery, take a backup of your current ROM. Select Backup, then do a “Swipe to Back Up” on the bottom of the screen. Wait for the backup to finish, it’s a time consuming process.
- Wipe your device. Once the backup is finished, do this: tap on Wipe, then Advanced wipe, and then select Cache, Dalvik/ART cache and Data. Then do the “Swipe to wipe” at bottom to ready the device for ROM flashing by erasing the cache, dalvik cache and data in one shot.
- Install ROM now. Go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery and select Install. Navigate to the file where you saved your ROM’s zip file, select it and “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen. Now wait until the flashing process finishes.
- Now similarly install the Lockscreen password fix and the optional native tethering addon, both without wipe.
- Go to back to recovery’s Main menu, select Reboot » select System.