- 1.ROOT PACKAGE INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: ROOT VERIZON GALAXY NOTE 2 SCH-I605
ROOT PACKAGE INFO
|Stability||Stable without any issues.|
|Root Manager App||SuperSU. It manages root permissions for apps on the device.|
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: ROOT VERIZON GALAXY NOTE 2 SCH-I605
Before you begin with the instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SCH-I605 !
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other Galaxy Note 2 (including the Galaxy Note 2 variant at Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular and other International LTE variants) or any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully root your Verizon Galaxy Note 2.
In case you’re not sure, follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing driver for your Samsung device on your computer.
STEP 3: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the GhettoRoot file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your computer (just to keep things tidy, that is).
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: ghettoroot-v0.3.2.zip (3.32 MB)
For updates and more info, check the original development page →
Example video: If you haven’t used Odin before to flash a file on your phone before, then we suggest you first watch a video of that to get familiar with the process. The video demonstrates flashing of a Recovery on Galaxy S3, but since the procedure is same, the video will help: Click here to watch the video
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after trying the GhettoRoot method, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Extract/Unzip the GhettoRoot file, ghettoroot-v0.3.2.zip on your computer (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files:
- Prepare your Galaxy Note 2
- Enable developer options: Go to your phone’s Settings » select About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options
- Enable USB Debugging: Open phone’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” checkbox (under Debugging section)
- Enable installation of apps from Unknown Sources: Open phone’s Settings » select Security » Tick the “Unknown sources” checkbox (under Device administration section)
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on Phone asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap “OK”
Authorize computer for USB Debugging
- Open the folder where you extracted the ghettoroot-v0.3.2.zip file in Step 1 and run/double-click the INSTALL.cmd file
- Now follow the on-screen instructions on the program and you should have your Verizon Galaxy Note 2 rooted within the next few minutes.
VERIFY ROOT ACCESS
To verify root access on your Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605, install the Root Check app (link →) on your phone.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed in the comments section below.