Chances are that if you have updated to the official Jelly Bean Android 4.1 update on your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T either over the air or manually using the guide we posted before, you’re now looking for a way to root it so you can start tinkering with system files and use apps that require root access. In that case, you’ve come to the right place.
The guide below will help you root your Transformer Pad TF300T on the official Jelly Bean OTA firmware. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the procedure.
This guide is applicable only for Asus Transformer TF300T. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Root Transformer Pad TF300T on Official Jelly Bean Firmware
- Make sure you have the official Jelly Bean Android 4.1 update on your TF300T. If not, you can flash the firmware manually by following the guide → here.
- Install ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery on the Jelly Bean firmware by following the guide → here.
- Download the root file.
Download Link | Filename: Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip
- Copy the Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip file to the internal storage.
- Shut down the tablet. Then boot into CWM/TWRP recovery. To do that, press and hold Volume Down + Power, until a message appears on-screen saying “Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)”. Here, in less than 5 seconds, press the Volume Up button to enter CWM/TWRP recovery.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard (if using TWRP recovery, select Install). Scroll to the Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes (or by sliding the blue circle in TWRP recovery) on the next screen.
- After the installation is complete, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the tablet (if using TWRP recovery, simply select Reboot system to reboot).
- When the tablet boots up, go to the Play Store and download the SuperSU app. SuperSU is the app that will allow you to grant root access to apps.
- Open SuperSU from the apps menu on the phone after installing it.
- Press OK when prompted to update the SU binary. After the binary has been updated, you can close SuperSU.
Your Transformer Pad TF300T is now rooted on the official Jelly Bean Android 4.1 update. All the root enabled apps and functions are now at your disposal!