You can now root the latest ZVA update for the Sprint LG G3, model no. LS990! Earlier, the carrier released the ZVA update to LG G3, that introduced a new feature to the device called Factory Reset Protection, something that’s been increasingly made available via update to many popular flagship devices in recent months by various OEMs. If you took the ZVA OTA update, it would unroot your phone. But now, if you want to root Spring LG G3 on ZVA update, there is an easy one click root solution available.
A very helpful fellow, l33tlinuxh4x0r, took it on himself to update the tool (by avicohh)to support the ZVA update. And he’s succeeded at it — but while ZUI version of the tool is yet to be released, the script’s been updated to get you root on ZVA update. It’s still very easy.
To, root Sprint LG G3 on LS990ZVA update, just download the tool from below, and follow our guide and you shall have root in no time.
Sprint LG G3 ZVA Root
- One Click Root Tool | File: LG Root Script v1.2.zip (4.82 MB)
- SPRINT LG G3, model no. LS990
- Don’t try on LG G3 sets at Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, US Cellular or the Canadian, Korean and International variants!
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
- Make sure you have ADB and fastboot drivers installed.
- Make sure you have the LG G3 drivers installed.
- Also make sure you have USB debugging enabled on your LG G3. For this:
- Go to Settings > About phone, and then tap ‘Build number’ 7 times to unlock developer options.
- Go back to Settings, then choose now visible ‘Developer options’. Find the ‘USB debugging’ option and use its toggle button to enable it. Accept warning by tapping on OK button.
- Connect your G3 to PC now. You will get a pop-up as shown below on your phone when you connect for the first time after enabling USB debugging.
- Tap on OK button on the above pop-up to accept warning.
- Download the one click root tool from the above.
- Extract the tool to get these files.
- With your G3 connected to PC, run the file LG Root Script.bat by double clicking on it. A CMD window will open up, and it will detect your LG device.
- Now, just follow the instructions on the screen to root your G3 on ZVA update.
That should do the trick.
If you need any help, sure let us know via comments section below.