- 1. icon-warning WARNING!
- 2. icon-android ROOT GALAXY S5 LTE SM-G900F ON ANDROID 5.0 FIRMWARE G900FXXU1BNL2
Root your Galaxy S5 on Lollipop update now easily with the super-simple SuperSU root file package. We can confirm it’s working fine on the G900FXXU1BNL2 firmware that Samsung started rolling out today in Poland. This Lollipop update and its root is only for European Galaxy S5 model, SM-G900F. Don’t try on any other Galaxy S5.
If you haven’t got G900FXXU1BNL2 firmware yet, we recommend you to grab it now from here.
Use the root guide below to root your S5 on Android 5.0 update. And then use the SuperSU file to manage the permissions.
in case you face any trouble with root on your Android 5.0 Galaxy S5, let us know, we’ll try our best to help you out.
Check out below for root on S5 updated to Lollipop.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
icon-android ROOT GALAXY S5 LTE SM-G900F ON ANDROID 5.0 FIRMWARE G900FXXU1BNL2
Before you begin with the instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
icon-check-circle STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SM-G900F!
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other device of Samsung or any other company. This is not for any other variant of S5 either, so don’t try this on SM-G900H/I/etc., or S5 variants at Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, US Cellular, etc. You have been warned!
icon-archive STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the CF Auto Root file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your computer (just to keep things tidy, that is).
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.37.zip (3.9 MB)
- Get a custom recovery for your Galaxy S5 G900F. Both TWRP and CWM recovery would do fine. Use the link below for download and installation guide for recovery.
- Transfer the SuperSU file you downloaded above to your phone. Both internal and external sdcard are fine, just remember where its location.
- Boot your Galaxy S5 LTE into Recovery mode:
- Power off your phone first and wait for 6-7 seconds after display is off
- Press and hold these 3 buttons together until you see Samsung’s logo on the screen: Volume Up + Power + Home
- Now, select Install option in the recovery you are using, and select the SuperSU file, UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.37.zip
- On CWM, select ‘Yes’, and on TWRP, swipe to confirm and begin the installation of the SuperSU file, which will root your device in seconds.
- That’s it. Reboot your device and enjoy the root access on your Galaxy S5 on Android 5.0 Lollipop update, G900FXXU1BNL2 firmware.
Let us know in case you need any help over this. We tested the ES file explorer and it was working fine with root permissions.