Making full use of your Android phone means you have to root it, which opens access to a lot more apps and stuff on the phone than what is otherwise possible (though Android lets you do enough without root access as well). If you’ve been looking for how you can root your HTC One V, you’ve come to the right place.
The procedure below will walk you through the steps required for rooting the One V, so go through them carefully and read each and every thing, and your phone will be rooted in no time.
This guide is applicable only for HTC One V. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Root HTC One V
- Unlock the bootloader on your One V by following the guide → here.
- Download and install the HTC Sync software on your computer from here. This will install the necessary drivers for the phone.
Skip this step if you already installed HTC Sync previously or while unlocking the bootloader.
- Download the following files:
- Extract the r1-primo-superboot.zip file to a convenient location on the computer to get a folder named r1-primo-superboot.
- Then, copy the boot.superboot.img downloaded in step 3.2 to the r1-primo-superbootfolder obtained in step 3. Replace the existing file when given the option.
- Now, turn off the phone. Then, turn on the phone in bootloader mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down + Power keys together. Here, highlight Fastboot by using the volume keys then select it using the Power button to enter fastboot mode. Then, connect the phone to the computer.
- Then, go to the r1-primo-superboot folder and double-click the install-superboot-windows.bat file to start the rooting process.
- Once rooting is complete, the phone will reboot on its own.
Your HTC One V is now rooted. Whenever you try to run a root-enabled app, you will get a prompt where you can select Allow to grant root access to the app. Do let us know how the method works for you, in the comments below.
You can install Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery on your One V if you want to install custom ROMs on it, by following the guide → here.