XDA member mattlgroff has posted a one-click root tool for the Motorola Razr i. The Razr i Root utility includes an unsecured kernel from XDA member meyskld, and you can use the tool to successfully root your Moto Razr i.
You do need to ensure that your Razr i bootloader is unlocked, before you go ahead with this rooting guide. You can check out our article on How to unlock the Razr i bootloader.
Read on to find out how you can root your Razr i:
This guide is applicable only for the Motorola RAZR i. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and should not be attempted if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. We do not undertake any liability for any damage that may be caused to your device. Also keep in mind that rooting your device will render your warranty void
- Back up all of your data, before proceeding further. This Android backup guide should help you.
- Download the Razr i Rooting Tool to your PC.
- Install the Motorola USB Drivers. They are included with the Razr i Root tool
- Enable USB debugging on your Motorola Razr i.
How to Root the RAZR i
- Download the Razr i Root tool zip file to your PC. Extract the zip file to your desktop, install the included drivers.
- Now after making sure that USB debugging in enabled on your phone, connect it to your PC via USB cable.
- In the Razr i Root tool folder that you extracted in Step 1, locate the file root.bat and run it by double-clicking on it.
- This should automatically fire up a command prompt window. Just follow the simple on-screen instructions and let the script do its stuff.
- The process will take a few minutes and your device will reboot a couple of times. Finally, the tool should notify you in the DOS window that your Razr i has been successfully rooted.
Nice, simple and fast method to liberate your Razr i. You can now venture into the world of Custom ROMs and install root access apps on your device. In case you get somewhere during the rooting process, give us a shout in comments below, and we’ll be glad to help out.