The newest phone from the LG stable, the LG Nitro HD, has just received some rooted goodness. Yes, you can now root your Nitro HD using the SuperOneClick Root tool, which happens to be one of the easiest methods available, to gain root access on your Android device.
It has been developed by XDA dev CLShortFuse, the tool supports a large number of devices from different manufacturers, and is easy to use. It is preferred by many users, who do not want to go through the hassle or complexities of using ADB (Android Debug Bridge), and as the name suggests, root access is just one click away with this awesome tool.
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
- If this is the first time you are rooting your device, you need to backup all of the precious data stored in your phone. This includes text messages, phone contacts, call logs, multimedia files, and Internet settings and access point names. You can refer to this excellent Android Backup Guide for help
- Make sure your device battery is fully charged
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone by navigating to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”
Step-by-step Rooting Guide
- Download the SuperOneClickv2.2-ShortFuse rooting package from HERE and save it your computer
- Extract the contents of the SuperOneClickv2.2-ShortFuse.zip package that you have just downloaded. You can use any unzipping software like Winzip or 7zip. Check that the extracted contents are complete (see screenshot below to compare)
- Run SuperOneClick.exe ( Run as administrator )
- Connect your LG Nitro HD to your computer using a USB cable. SuperOneClick will recognize your device automatically
- Click the “Root” button on the SuperOneClick window on your computer. This will initiate the rooting process.
- When the rooting process completes, you will be greeted with a message stating your device is successfully rooted.
- Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your LG Nitro HD, and can now enjoy the benefits that only root access can provide :)
You can visit the original development thread HERE to check for updates to the version. If you face any issues or have any comments, do feel free to use the comments box below, and we’ll help you out.