ROOT PACKAGE INFO
|Stability||Stable without any issues.|
|Root Manager App||None. Install SuperSU from Play store.|
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: ROOT iBALL ANDI 4-B2
Before you begin with the instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be 4-B2.
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: ROOTING INSTRUCTIONS
Download the Towelroot APK file from the towelroot website given below (Right click on the lamba symbol to download) and transfer it to a separate folder on your phone’s internal / external SD Card.
TOWELROOT APK FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: tr.apk (110 KB)
└ Click on the lamba icon to begin download
- Install the Towelroot APK file you downloaded above on your phone. For help, check out our guide on → How to Install APK files on Android.
└ During installation you might get a notification like “Google recommends that you do NOT install this app”. It’s okay, it appears because the app plays with Android’s security protocols.
- Open Towelroot app and tap the “make it ra1n” button to begin the rooting process. Then wait till it is finished.
- Once Towelroot is done rooting your phone, install the SuperSU app from Play store (link →) to manage superuser permissions for apps.
ALTERNATE ROOTING METHOD: FRAMAROOT
In case Towelroot does not work on your device, then try rooting it with the Framaroot app:
Download the Framaroot app file given below and transfer it to your phone
FRAMAROOT APP PACKAGE
DOWNLOAD LINK | Filename : Framaroot193.apk (1.25 MB)
You can always download the latest version of Framaroot on the original page here
- Download the Framaroot app provided in the Downloads section and place it in the root of your SD card.
- Enable app installation from Unknown sources. For this:
- Go to your device’ Settings » Security » Scroll to the bottom and tick on Unknown Sources to allow installation of non-market apps.
- Install the Framaroot.apk from your SD card and open the app. It should look something like the screenshot below:
- Choose Install SuperSu from the drop-down list and then select the “Gandalf” root exploit from the list.
└ You can also try other root exploits in case Gandalf does not works.
- After the exploit is successfully completed, it will prompt for a reboot. Reboot the phone.
That’s all, your device will now reboot and it should be rooted.
VERIFY ROOT ACCESS
To verify root access on your iBall Andi 4-B2, install the Root Check app (link →) on your phone.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed in the comments section below.