Root HTC One XL, the AT&T One X, on 1.85 Update With Just One Click!
A few weeks ago, the 1.85 update came out for the AT&T One X aka the HTC One XL, which brought a few noticeable improvements, but also broke older methods that allowed you root the phone. But fret not, as XDA Recognized Developer designgears has discovered a new one-click exploit to root the One XL on the 1.85 update, which uses the AT&T servers for rooting the phone.
Important: As the root exploit uses the AT&T servers to perform the root hack, it may stop working at any time once AT&T discovers what is going on. So try to root your One XL on the 1.85 update as soon as possible as the exploit may not work after a while.
Read on to find out how you can root your AT&T One X on the 1.85 update.
How to Root HTC One XL on 1.85 Update
- Download and install the phone’s USB drivers on the computer. You can skip driver installation if you have install HTC Sync previously.
- Download the root package.
Download Link | Filename: 185_root_script.zip
- Extract the 185_root_script.zip file to a convenient location on your computer.
- On the phone:
- Enabled USB Debugging from Settings » Developer options.
- Disable Fast boot from Settings » Power menu.
- Then, connect the phone to the computer.
- Now, in the folder where you extract the zip file in step 3, double-click on the r00t.bat file to start the rooting procedure, after which the phone will automatically reboot.
- Important! If the rooting processor gets an error or gets stuck at some step, disconnect your phone. Then, change the date on the phone forward to two days, reboot the phone, then repeat steps 5 and 6 to try rooting again.
If all goes well, your AT&T One X will be rooted and ready to be used. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.