Have you been waiting for a guide on how to root your Galaxy Tab Plus? Or looking for perfect method to root your Tab plus ( since nowadays rooting is possible in more than one way ─ we’ve SuperOneClick and stuff, right. )
Anyway your wait for the perfect method ends here as XDA member bdigitalstudio has written a good guide on how to root Galaxy Tab Plus. It seems that he found a way to get the rooting process for Galaxy Tab 8.9 to work on Galaxy Tab Plus (which we don’t doubt as both the Tabs share same hardware and software). Maybe he’s tweaked the Galaxy Tab 8.9’s rooting file or he just flashed the original Tab 8.9’s file and it worked for him, he didn’t mention anything about this. But my best guess is he has tweaked the original file to work on Galaxy Tab Plus.
How to root Galaxy Tab Plus 3G
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should notattempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!!!
Download the root.zip file from here ─ download link.
Steps for rooting quoted from source:
- Download and install LATEST SAMSUNG KIES
- Transfer the attached file root.zip to the EXTERNAL CARD on Galaxy Tab Plus
- Turn off the Galaxy Tab Plus
- Enter Recovery
- Hold Volume Down button + Power Button
- When TAB turns ON, RELEASE POWER BUTTON (Keep Holding Volume Down Button)
- Will Enter Recovery
- Select install update from EXTERNAL Storage
- Look for the file root.zip and select it with power button
- When Finish, REBOOTAdditional
Go to MARKET and INSTALL SUPERUSER… Run this app and Update SU Binary
Go to MARKET and INSTALL BUSYBOX… Run this app and Install your chosen BusyBox version
For latest updates to the rooting procedure keep checking the official page here.
And do share your experience with rooting Galaxy Tab Plus 3G in the comments below.