- 1. WARNING!
- 2. GUIDE: ROOT AND INSTALL CWM AND TWRP RECOVERIES USING ONE CLICK TOOL
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: ROOT AND INSTALL CWM AND TWRP RECOVERIES USING ONE CLICK TOOL
Before you begin with the instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SGH-I337M!
Please know that this page is meant only for Canadian Samsung Galaxy S4. Please DO NOT try the procedures given here on other variants of the Galaxy S4 or on any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been Warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
In case you’re not sure, follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing driver for your Samsung device on your computer.
STEP 3: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the files given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your computer (just to keep things tidy, that is).
3-WAY ONE CLICK TOOL FILE
For the latest version of this tool, check the original page here
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after using this tool, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Extract/Unzip the tool zip, CANADIANI337M_3WAY_TOOL_7_8.zip on your computer (using 7-zip free software, preferably) to get a folder that contains the following files:
- Prepare your phone:
- Enable developer options: Go to your phone’s Settings » select About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open phone’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” check-box (under Debugging section).
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on phone asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Double click on the RUN_ME.bat file, this will open a command window which appears as below
- Now to root your device, Select Option 2 from the menu. This will perform the root exploit using the Motochopper rooting method.
- At the end it will show a message Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit indicating the process was success. Now hit enter, the phone will reboot automatically.
- To install CWM Touch recovery, Select Option 3 from the menu and wait for the process to complete. Now reboot your device by Selecting Option 5 from the menu.
- To install TWRP recovery, Select Option 4 from the menu and wait for the process to complete. Now reboot your device by Selecting Option 5 from the menu.
That’s all, enjoy using this one click installer to Root and install recoveries on your Canadian Galaxy S4 easily. If you need help regarding this, feel free to ask us in comments below.
It was easy to use this one click tool for rooting and installing CWM and TWRP recoveries on your Canadian Samsung Galaxy S4, right? Let us know how it is to your liking in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!