After a month of waiting after the Asus Transformer TF300T was launched, ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery was finally released just a few hours ago, thanks to XDA Recognized Developer XpLoDWilD. Now, the same developer has also provided a simple way to root the Transformer TF300t, which will allow you to use all the root-enabled apps that your heart desires. The Transformer TF300T custom development scene is about to get very active it seems.
Read on to find out how you can root your Asus Transformer TF300T.
This guide is applicable only for Asus Transformer TF300T. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Root Asus Transformer TF300T
- Install ClockworkMod recovery using the guide → here.
- Download the root package from the official development page. You’ll get a .zip file.
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal SD card on the tablet.
- Shut down the tablet. Then boot into CWM recovery. To do that, press and hold Volume Down + Power, until a message appears on-screen saying “Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)”. Here, in less than 5 seconds, press the Volume Up button to enter CWM recovery.
In recovery, use the volume buttons to navigate/scroll and the power button to select. If the buttons don’t work, scroll up and down by swiping up and down on the screen, and select options by tapping on them.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Then, scroll to the root package’s .zip file (copied in step 3) and select it. Confirm installation on the next page by selecting Yes.
- After installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the tablet.
Your Asus Transformer TF300T is now rooted, and will allow you to use all the root enabled apps that you wish to use. Do let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.