Root and Unlock HTC EVO 4G LTE the Easiest Way!
A one-click root method for the HTC EVO 4G LTE was released a few days ago which made the rooting process quite easy. But it seems it wasn’t easy enough, as XDA Senior Member regaw_leinad has come up with a newer and even easier method to root the Evo 4G LTE — RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.
The biggest advantage to RegawMOD is that along with rooting the device, it also unlocks the bootloader on the phone and installs TWRP recovery as well, so that you can install custom ROMs, kernels and other modifications. Do keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty on the device.
Read on to find out how the RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter can be used on the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
This hack and guide are applicable only for HTC EVO 4G LTE. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Use RegawMOD Rooter on EVO 4G LTE
- Warning! Unlocking the bootloader will wipe everything from your phone, including the SD card contents, so back everything up before going ahead.
- Download and install the following on your computer (simply double-click the downloaded files and follow on-screen instructions).
- Download the RegawMOD Rooter zip file from the official development page. Download the x86 version for 32-bit Windows or the x64 version for 64-bit Windows. Check your Windows version by right-clicking on the My Computer icon on the desktop, click on Properties, then look at the System type.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to a convenient location on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone from Settings » Development options. Then connect the phone to the computer.
- Double-click on the RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.exe file (obtained in step 4 after extracting the zip file).
- After a while, your phone will be detected and a button saying Root Me will appear. Click on this button, then follow on-screen instructions to unlock, root and install TWRP recovery on your phone.
After the process completes, your phone will be rooted, the bootloader will be unlocked and TWRP recovery will be installed on your phone. You can now use root-enabled apps and also install custom ROMs using TWRP recovery. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.