The Sony Xperia ZL is coming soon to Rogers in Canada as Sony’s 2013 flagship smartphone, and while earlier Sony had listed a pre-order price of C$674.99, a recently leaked inventory listing suggests that the device may be priced almost C$50 less at C$624.99 instead.
As for contract pricing, the device will set you back C$124.99 if you choose a 3-year plan. The listing also lists the launch date as April 2nd, which hasn’t changed unlike the price tag. All major carriers including Bell, Mobilicity, MTS, Rogers, Videotron and WIND Mobile are expected to have the device on-sale, though whether the April 2nd launch date is common for all carriers remains to be seen.
The Xperia ZL – which is similar to the Xperia Z in all respects, except that it isn’t water- and dust-proof but does add a hardware camera button to make up for it – sports a 5″ 1080p display enhanced by Sony’s BRAVIA Mobile Engine 2, 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB RAM, 13-megapixel rear camera, 2.2-megapixel front-facing camera, 16GB built-in storage and microSD slot, a 2,330 mAh battery and runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Only a few days are left before the launch date, so expect to see further info on other contract plans and more in the coming days. You can pre-order the device right away if you’re interested.
Sony Xperia ZL Specifications
- 5-inch 1080p (1920 x 1080) LCD display, Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 APQ8064 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 13.1 megapixel rear camera, 1080p video recording
- 2.2 megapixel front camera, 1080p video recording
- 16GB storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, HSPA 42mbps, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, NFC, DLNA
- 2,330 mAh battery
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, Sony Timescape UI
Via: Xperia Blog