Pure ICS ROM Android 4.0.3 for Galaxy S2 I9100
Here’s a custom ROM based on the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Android 4.0 leaked firmware for the Galaxy S2 I9100. Called Pure ICS, it aims to bring you the pure Ice Cream Sandwich experience. Check out the list of features:
- Pure ICS UI
- Better battery life & smoothness
- Fully deodexed and zipaligned
- Rooted and latest SU
- Apps and framework optimized
- Integrated with Google Addons
- Android ICS stock icons
- ICS keyboard
Read on to find out how to flash this ROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!!!
This rom and the guide below is compatible only and only with Samsung Galaxy S2, model number i9100. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
- Installing/Flashing this ROM will erase your apps and data. So, it’s very important you back them up, before proceeding further. To backup your apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. Restore APN settings if Internet isn’t working for you. This Android backup guide would help you. And if you’ve rooted your Galaxy S, you can save application’s data too, using Titanium backup (free app on Android Market) to back up apps with data. And use this app only again to restore those apps with data.
Step by Step Instructions:
- First, make sure you flash a stock XXLP2 ROM using ODIN by following this guide.
- Next thing you need to do is root your XXLP2 running Galaxy S2 to obtain ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery which will be used to flash this ROM. Follow this simple guide to do this.
- Now, download the ROM from the following link:
Spike.Pure.ICS-v3.0.zip. Download Link.
- Now, transfer this .zip file (do not extract it) to your phone’s sd card (the internal SD card, not the external microSD card)
- Disconnect phone from PC. Power it off — wait for 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing 3 keys together (hold until you see a Samsung logo) – Volume UP + Home + Power
- In recovery, use the Volume keys to scroll and the power button to select.
- Select the option ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and then select Yes to wipe your apps and data (this will NOT erase your SD card contents, so don’t worry).
- Select ‘wipe cache partition’, then select ‘Yes’.
- Go into ‘Mounts and Storage’, select ‘format system’, then select Yes.
- Now, select ‘go back’, then select install zip from sd card » choose zip from sd card, browse through sd card and select the ROM file you transferred in step 4 above. Select Yes on next screen.
- This will begin the flashing of the ROM on your Galaxy S2, just wait and watch till the process is over.
- After the process is over, you will be back in recovery. Now, select ‘go back’ and select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot the phone.
That’s it. The ROM is now installed on your phone. For latest updates and reporting bugs for this rom, you can visit the original development thread for this ROM.
Share your thoughts and problems, if any, in comments below.