Ringtones, Notification Tones, Alarm Tones and UI Sounds of Galaxy S3
Some more goodies from the upcoming Galaxy S3 have been uploaded and shared, this time by XDA Forum Member vibranturk, who has uploaded the entire ringtones, notification, alarm and UI tones of the Galaxy S3 by extracting them from the S3 firmware that got leaked a couple of days ago.
You must have a rooted phone in order to use them though, as you’ll need to copy the tones to the system partition on your device. Simply follow the procedure below and you’ll be using the Galaxy S3 tones in no time.
How to Use Galaxy S3 Ringtones, Notification Tones, Alarm Tones and UI Sounds
- Make sure your phone is rooted.
- Download the entire sounds package from → here.
- Extract the downloaded .rar file to a convenient location on the computer. Use a software like WinRAR to extract.
- Copy the extracted files to your device.
- Download and install ROM Toolbox Lite from the Google Play Store (aka Android Market) on your phone.
- Open ROM Toolbox. If you’re using it for the first time, simply swipe the screen to the right a few times to get to the end, then grant it root access when asked.
- Then, click on Root Browser to open the file manager.
- Now, in order to use a particular ringtone, UI or alarm sound, you’ll need to copy the particular file from the folder you extracted and copied to phone to the respective folder in /system/media/audio on the phone.
- So, for example, if you want to use the VideoRecord UI sound, browse to and copy the VideoRecord.ogg file from the ui folder on your SD card, and paste it in /system/media/audio/ui, and replace when asked.
- In case of ringtones, copy the respective files to /system/media/audio/ringtones, then select them from the ringtone selection menu in the phone’s settings menu. Similarly, you can use other sounds as well.
That’s it. Enjoy the Galaxy S3 ringtones and sounds on your Android device, and let us know what you think of them, in the comments below.