- 1.PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: PHILZ CWM ADVANCED TOUCH RECOVERY ON AT&T HTC ONE
PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY INFO
6.15.4 based on CWM 6.x
Fully functional with 4.4.x and below.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: PHILZ CWM ADVANCED TOUCH RECOVERY ON AT&T HTC ONE
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
The procedure discussed here is only for AT&T HTC One. Do not use the downloads and/or procedure given here on any other device(s).
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other variant of HTC One (Including the variants at Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint and other international variants) or any other device of HTC or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash PhilZ Touch Recovery on your HTC One. If you are not sure, follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing driver for your HTC One on your computer.
STEP 3: UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
Skip this step if your device is already bootloader unlocked.
Use must first unlock the bootloader on your HTC One before proceeding with the guide below. Without unlocking the bootloader you won’t be able to use fastboot commands to flash the recovery on your device.
For unlocking bootloader of your HTC One, follow the link below. The procedure given, will work on all variants of HTC One.
STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the one click PhilZ Touch Recovery installer zip file given below. Transfer installer zip file to a separate folder on your computer just to keep things tidy.
ONE CLICK PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY INSTALLER
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing PhilZ Touch Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Prepare your phone:
- Enable developer options: Go to your phone’s Settings » select About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open phone’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” check-box (under Debugging section).
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on phone asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- On your HTC One, go to Settings » select Battery and in the Battery menu make sure Fast boot is unchecked. Un-check it if it is enabled.
- Extract the installer file AT&T HTC One One-Click-PhilZ Recovery installer.zip (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files, and one folder:
- api (folder)
- Double-click/Run the ‘1-click-philz-recovery-installer.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install PhilZ Touch Recovery on your One.
└Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute or so, then it means you don’t have proper drivers installed on your computer for your One. Follow the drivers installation guide provided above for troubleshooting driver and other connectivity issues.
- Your device will automatically boot into system. To boot into your newly flashed PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Power off your HTC One and wait for 6-7 seconds after display is off.
- Press and hold these 2 buttons together: Power + Volume Down.
- Press the Volume Down button to highlight the RECOVERY option and press Power button to select it.
It was easy to install PhilZ Touch Recovery on your HTC One, right? Let us know how you plan to use it in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!