PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY INFO
6.19.3 based on CWM 6.x
Fully functional with 4.4.x and below.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: PHILZ CWM ADVANCED TOUCH RECOVERY ON ASUS TRANSFORMER PAD TF300T
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be TF300T!
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any variant of Asus Transformer or other device of Asus or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash PhilZ Touch Recovery on your Asus Transformer Pad.
STEP 3: UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
Skip this step if your device is already bootloader unlocked.
Use must first unlock the bootloader on your Asus Transformer Pad before proceeding with the guide below. Without unlocking the bootloader you won’t be able to use fastboot commands to flash the recovery on your device.
STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the one click PhilZ Touch Recovery installer zip file given below. Transfer installer zip file to a separate folder on your computer just to keep things tidy.
ONE CLICK PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY INSTALLER
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing PhilZ Touch Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC. Skip the first two steps in case of Android 4.0 and below.
- Prepare your tablet:
- Enable developer options: Go to your tablet’s Settings » select About tablet » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options. You do not need to do this if your tablet is running Android 4.0 or below.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open tablet’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” check-box (under Debugging section).
- Connect your tablet to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on tablet asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Extract the installer file Asus Transformer Pad TF300T One-Click-PhilZ Recovery installer.zip (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files, and one folder:
- api (folder)
- Double-click/Run the ’1-click-philZ-recovery-installer.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install PhilZ Touch Recovery on your Asus Transformer Pad.
└Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute or so, then it means you don’t have proper drivers installed on your computer for your Asus Transformer Pad.
- Your device will automatically boot into system. To boot into your newly flashed PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Power off your Asus Transformer Pad and wait for 6-7 seconds after display is off.
- For ICS (Android 4.0.4 and below): Press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons until you see the Asus splash screen. Now, let go of all buttons and press and hold Volume Up immediately.
- For Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) and above: Press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons until you see the Asus splash screen. On the next screen, press Volume Down to highlight RCK and press Power button to select it.
It was easy to install PhilZ Touch Recovery on your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, right? Let us know how you plan to use it in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!