OnePlus team has released the Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 update today for OnePlus 2, which brings fixes to apps like Facebook, Maps and Messenger, and also adds new language packs to Swiftkey keyboard.
The update is sized just 44 MB btw. If you own OnePlus 2, then you should be receiving an OTA notification soon.
Now is time to hit the check for update button under Settings > About device > System updates.
Download Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 OTA
- OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS 2.1.1 OTA update — Link | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_008-009_patch_1510112055.zip (44M)
Alternate Direct Download Link (better than mega and google drive)
- OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS 2.1.1 Full ROM update — Link (Mirror) | File: ___ (yet to come)
- OnePlus 2
- Don’t try this on any other Android device, including OnePlus One.
Disclamer: You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Step 1. Download the either the OTA update file, or the Full ROM update file, from above. OTA is small, but requires stock recovery and v2.0.2 installed already on your OnePlus 2. While, Full ROM is flashable through both stock recovery and custom recovery like TWRP and CWM.
Step 2. Transfer the downloaded update file to your OnePlus 2. Remember its location. (You can also download the update directly on phone, in which case, it should be in download folder.)
Step 3. Boot your OnePlus 2 into recovery mode:
- Power off your OnePlus 2. Wait for 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold Power + Volume up together until you see anything on screen.
- Use volume buttons to bring up recovery option at the top of the screen.
- And then press Power button to select recovery option. That’s it you’ll boot into recovery mode.
Step 4. Install the update. Use the instruction for your recovery.
- In 3e recovery, use volume buttons to navigate to ‘install update ..’ option and then press power button to select it.
- Now, select the update file that you transferred to OnePlus 2 in step 2 above. Confirm this and Oxygen OS 2.0.1 update will be installed on your device.
→ If OTA update doesn’t install using the above method, then sure try the Full ROM, it should install smoothly.If you need help with this, use comments section below to get in touch with us.
Step 5. The update will start installing, so just wait until that is finished. When it’s done, you will be back in recovery’s homescreen.
Step 6. Select ‘Reboot system now’ to restart your OnePlus 2.
Points to be noted as regards OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS 2.1.1 update:
- Well, if you got TWRP, the above OTA update won’t flash. You need Stock recovery for OTA update.
- Also, you need to have bootloader locked OnePlus 2 to be able to flash the OTA, whether you downloaded it from above or as a system update.
- So, unless you have bootloader locked OnePlus 2 with stock recovery, you cannot install the Oxygen OS 2.1.1 OTA update.
- (Update: Full ROM zip available now!) You can wait for full ROM of Oxygen OS 2.1.1 to come out, in which case it will installation via TWRP, bootloader locked or not.
Need help? Let us know via comments below.