A new OTA (over the air) update for the HTC One X has started rolling out in Europe, bringing the firmware version to 1.28. Being the first Ice Cream Sandwich phone from HTC (along with the One S and One V), and Android 4.0 itself being new, there are some issues on the One X software, which HTC will be trying to iron out with firmware updates.
Here’s some of the improvements/changes noticed by users in the new 1.28 OTA firmware update:
- New HBOOT 0.94
- New RADIO 1.26.401.2
- Sense Calender widget crashing fixed
- HTC Calender double dates has been fixed
- Speed improvement
- HTC Sense not crashing anymore
- Screen glitches are gone
- Playing Tegra 3 optimized games feels better now
- HTC Gallery playback goes smoother
- Beats audio improved, no more skipping
- Non-Sense widget scrolling is now smooth
- HTC Teeter running smooth now
As you can see, there are a number of improvements and fixes in the 1.28 update. And the update has started rolling out for many devices, and as always will be gradually rolled out to everyone. Do check whether the update is available for you by tapping on the Check Now button in Settings » About Phone » Software Updates on the phone.
If you’ve already updated your One X to the new 1.28 firmware, do let us know what improvements/changes you notice, in the comments below.