One Click Tool to Enable WiFi Tether or AT&T One X
Want to share your AT&T One X’s data connection with others through WiFi tethering but don’t want to get a tether plan from AT&T? Well then, good news as you won’t have to any longer, thanks a One Click WiFi Tether Enabler tool by XDA Senior Member t0mmy. The tether tool enables the stock WiFi tethering option on your AT&T One X so that WiFi tethering can be done without the need for a special tether plan.
The tether enabler tool is only for the AT&T One X, so please do not try it on the Rogers One X or any other One X device. Read on to find out how the one click tether tool can be used on the AT&T One X.
This guide is applicable only for AT&T One X. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Enable Tethering on AT&T One X
- Root your AT&T One X by following the guide → here.
- Download and install the drivers for the phone on your computer (skip this step in case you already installed the drivers while rooting the phone). Download Drivers
- Download the tether tool from the official development page.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file to any convenient location on your computer.
- On the phone, go to Settings » Developer options, and enable USB Debugging. Then, connect the phone to the computer.
- Then, open the folder which you obtained after extracting the tether tool .zip package in step 4.
- Double-click on the tether.bat file, then follow on-screen instructions to enable tether on your AT&T One X.
Tethering is now active on your AT&T and you can use it without needing to activate a tether plan from AT&T. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.